“There are those people who can eat one piece of chocolate, one piece of cake, drink one glass of wine. There are even people who smoke one or two cigarettes a week. And then there are people for whom one of anything is not even an option.”
Here is a sample of my meals during the week. I try to eat clean most of the time but splurge occasionally on a glass of wine and dark chocolate. Take advantage of your cheat meals, but remember it’s all about balance and moderation.
Breakfast: Pick One
- Avocado toast- smash 1 tbsp of avocado, add egg, 1 tsp of shredded mozzarella plus a small organic apple
- Package of organic oats (make sure you check sugar grams on nutritional level (opt for less than 15) topped with 1/2 cup of organic blueberries and 1 tsp of walnuts
- Lara bar or Quest Bar and 10 raw almonds
Lunch: Pick One
- Two cups of organic spinach- one small grilled chicken breast (sliced) – top with 1/2 sliced avocado and 1 cup of fresh strawberries or mandarin orange slices. (Dressing – 1 tbsp of greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 tsp of avocado oil).
- One can of tuna- mixed with 1/3 sliced avocado (smashed) and 1 tbsp of greek yogurt. Add sliced boiled egg, sliced cucumbers, celery, and tomato. Side of organic apple slices topped with 1 tbsp of nut butter.
- Veggie burger (Beyond Burger, Quorn, Etc) Cook according to directions: Make an open face burger using one slice of organic bread/ or (Ezekiel) add veggies, sliced avocado, onions, tomato, fresh spinach and a thin slice of real cheese. Side of baked sweet potato, and spinach salad.
Snacks: Pick Two
- Serving of Greek yogurt- top with berries (optional add-ins – one scoop of protein powder, top with nuts
- Boiled eggs, 10 raw almonds
- Organic Baby Carrots and hummus
- Apple slices and nut butter
- Plain rice cake with sliced turkey or chicken plus a serving of grapes
- Rice cake with almond butter and sliced banana
Dinner: Select one serving of meat (palm of the hand), One complex carb, Two Green Veggies
Pick one: One serving of grilled chicken breast, grass-fed burger, or salmon
Pick one Complex Carb: One serving of rice, sweet potato, 1/2 baked potato, or side of pasta
Pick two: Asparagus, fresh spinach, broccoli, zucchini, cucumber, green beans, kale