You need to know your body composition. Wikipedia defines BODY COMPOSITION AS:
the percentages of fat, bone, water and muscle in human bodies. Because muscular tissue takes up less space in the body than fat tissue, body composition, as well as weight, determines leanness. Two people of the same sex and body weight may look completely different because they have a different body composition.
Yes, It’s all about body composition. Become educated about your health. Get your body fat tested by a fitness professional and determine your appropriate body fat percentage range. To increase lean muscle and reduce body fat, you need to follow the old tried and true formula:
Healthy food choices + (increased activity+ resistance training ) – processed foods = A Lean Body
There is no magic workout, diet pill, or diet that will magically give you the body you want. It requires hard work in the gym and willpower in the kitchen. However, the answer is simple and inexpensive; so what are you waiting for? These are the six steps that are required to decrease fat in your body and develop lean muscle. You don’t need expensive supplements, just real food!
1. Food intake- Lean meat, fresh fruits, and vegetables
2. Determine your daily caloric intake and log your food intake and calories
3. Water- Drink at least(8) 8-ounce glasses of water per day.
4. Exercise- Weight training is key to developing lean muscle
5. Eliminate processed foods, and reduce your intake of bread, rice, and cereals.
6. Cardio- add interval training to your cardio workouts- Research shows interval training to be much more effective for fat loss than longer endurance-type cardio.
Once you get to a healthy lean muscle/ body fat ratio, it will be easy to maintain your weight and lean muscle. You just need to get there through creating healthy habits. It’s not about sacrifice, it’s about rewarding your body with the foods it needs to perform at optimum levels. Once you get there, it’s about enjoying splurges in moderation. Learn to love your new healthy lifestyle