A good morning routine is vital to our mental and physical health. Quite often our mornings are filled with stress as we rush to get out the door and start our day. Although it’s nice to hit the snooze button a couple times, it can create a cascade of events that can impact your day in a negative way.
That extra sleep robs you of valuable time that could be better spent fueling your body with a healthy breakfast, grooming, meditation and family time. Then of course you have to deal with traffic that can cause anxiety, anger, and elevated blood pressure before you even get out the door.
What if those extra minutes of sleep could be much better spent on a healthy routine that could make a dramatic impact on your day?
Try the following tips to improve your daily routine and set you up for a fabulous day.
- Get up 20 to 30 minutes early to allow enough time to avoid the stress and anxiety of being late. Splash some cold water on your face and brush your teeth. Extra time is always a good thing when unexpected things happen like when you spill coffee on your outfit or suddenly remember you need to stop for gas. You will welcome the extra time and avoid the anxiety or running late.
- Try a short stretch and meditation sequence when you first get out of bed. This is a great start to your morning that will clear your thoughts and get you energized to start your day.
3. Drink 20 oz of lemon water. Hydration is key for beautiful skin. Lemon water will boost your metabolism and get you energized for you day.
The benefits are endless including vitamin C to boost your immune system and also aids in digestion.
4. Eat a healthy breakfast and spend some time with your family. Family time is priceless and just a few minutes in the morning to chat with family to tell them you love them is time well spent. Stock up on food items that are easy to eat for breakfast such as protein bars, smoothies, fresh fruit and yogurt.
5. Get out the door 15 minutes early for your commute to offset any unforeseen incidents. Instead of listening to the news or blasting music, try tuning into positive affirmations on your ride. This 20 minute meditation is an amazing way to start your day with a positive mindset and gratitude.